Montevallo Development Cooperative District (MDCD)

unspecifiedK112GUSX

In 2012, the City Council created the Montevallo Development Cooperative District (MDCD) and passed a one cent sales tax increase– 90% of which went to the MDCD to fund a variety of capital projects, as well as the remaining 10% which went to a special City Capital Reserve Fund. Specific to Downtown, this funding source has helped us to complete the $1 million Promenade Project along North Boundary Street, has provided our matching funds for the upcoming $4 million ALDOT streetscape project along Main Street and Middle Street, helped build a new $1.4 million City Hall, and provided nearly $1 million in funding for repaving streets. In addition, these funds have allowed the MDCD, among other things, to purchase and rehab the historic Alabama Coach Company Building which is now leased to the Main Street Tavern, complete the UMOM restoration bringing university classrooms and students to Main Street, and assist with the construction of a new UM Women’s Softball Stadium at Orr Park and a nearby Track & Field Facility on Shelby Street.

​The MDCD Board of Directors is comprised of three members - one appointed by the City, one by the County and the other by the University of Montevallo.

​For more information on the MDCD, please contact the City Clerk at 205) 665-2555, ext 105.

MINUTES

  1. 11.16.2011 Sales Tax Ordinance
  2. 4.9.2012 City Council Meeting Minutes - Excerpts
  3. April 1 2019 minutes approved
  4. April 23 2018 minutes approved
  5. April 24 2017 minutes approved
  6. April 27 2015 minutes APPROVED
  7. April 29, 2019 minutes approved
  8. Aug 14 2015 minutes approved
  9. Aug 4 2015 minutes approved
  10. August 27, 2018 minutes approved
  11. August 28 2017 minutes approved
  12. Dec 22 2014 minutes Approved
  13. December 3 2018 minutes approved
  14. February 15 2016 minutes approved
  15. February 26 2018 minutes approved
  16. February 27 2017 minutes approved
  17. February 4 2019 minutes approved
  18. final MDCD_15 FS_Final(2)
  19. Jan 26 2015 minutes approved
  20. January 22, 2018 minutes approved
  21. January 25 2016 minutes APPROVED
  22. January 30 2017 minutes approved
  23. July 1 2019 minutes approved
  24. July 23 2018 minutes approved
  25. July 24, 2017 minutes approved
  26. July 27 2015 minutes approved
  27. June 22 2015 minutes Approved
  28. June 25 2018 minutes approved
  29. June 26 2017 minutes approved
  30. June 3 2019 minutes approved
  31. June 4 2018 minutes approved
  32. Mar 23 2015 minutes approved
  33. March 27 2017 minutes approved
  34. March 4 2019 minutes approved
  35. May 15, 2017 minutes approved
  36. May 26 2015 minutes APPROVED
  37. May 6, 2019 minutes approved
  38. MDCD - April 25 2016 minutes approved
  39. MDCD - August 17 2016 minutes approved
  40. MDCD - August 29 2016 minutes approved
  41. MDCD - July 25 2016 minutes approved
  42. MDCD - June 27 2016 minutes approved
  43. MDCD - March 31 2016 minutes approved
  44. MDCD - May 23 2016 minutes approved
  45. MDCD - October 5, 2016 minutes approved
  46. MDCD - September 26 2016 minutes approved
  47. MDCD Audit opinion Dec 19
  48. MDCD Audit report Dec 19
  49. MDCD August 25th Minutes Approved
  50. MDCD Board Financials November 2018 (2)
  51. MDCD Board Financials October 2019
  52. MDCD July 28th Minutes Approved
  53. MDCD June 23rd Minutes Approved
  54. MDCD Meeting Minutes April 28, 2014 Approved
  55. MDCD Meeting Minutes Feb 24 2014 Approved
  56. MDCD meeting Minutes June 2 2014 Approved
  57. MDCD Meeting Minutes March 12 2014 Approved
  58. MDCD Meeting Minutes March 17 2014 Approved
  59. MDCD Meeting Minutes March 24 2014 Approved
  60. MDCD Meeting Minutes May 5, 2014 Approved
  61. MDCD Minutes 8-5-19 approved
  62. MDCD Minutes Nov 18 2019 approved
  63. MDCD Minutes Oct 14 2019 approved
  64. MDCD Minutes Sept 9 2019 approved
  65. MDCD Minutes Sept 9 2019 approved
  66. MDCD Notice
  67. MDCD Nov 24 2014 minutes approved
  68. MDCD October 2018 Board Financial Reports
  69. MDCD October 27th Minutes Approved
  70. MDCD September 22nd Minutes Approved
  71. MDCD_17 FS_Final 1-23-18(2)
  72. MDCD_18 FS_Final(2)
  73. Nov 18, 2019 meeting notice
  74. November 14 2016 Meeting Mintues approved
  75. November 23, 2015 minutes approved
  76. November 27, 2017 minutes approved
  77. October 23, 2017 minutes approved
  78. October 24 2016 Meeting Mintues approved
  79. October 26, 2015 minutes approved
  80. Sep 28 2015 minutes approved
  81. September 18, 2017 minutes approved
  82. September 24, 2018 minutes approved