Fine for Parking Violations
Fine for the following violations is $35:
- Prohibited parking on the left (against traffic flow/facing oncoming traffic)
- Parked vehicles on the streets of the City of Montevallo without conforming to the painted markings thereon (parking in "No Parking" area or "Loading Dock" with yellow paint and/or sign)
- Prohibited parking in parking permit zones (residential zones)
- Ordinance Number 12092013-302 (PDF)
- Residential Parking Permits may be purchased at Montevallo City Hall in the amount of $20 per vehicle.
- Proof of residence, driver's license and vehicle registration(s) will be required to purchase a parking permit.
- Prohibited parking hours - unlawful to park any vehicle in specific areas for longer than an hour, during the period from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Sunday.
- Parking in tow-away zones
Fine for the following violations is $50
- Parking in spaces for drivers with disabilities or fire lanes
- Abandoned vehicle(s)
Parking violation fines must be paid within 7 days to avoid any further action.
Ways to Pay Parking Violation Fines
Mailing of payment: Please send a money order or certified cashier's check for the full amount of the fine. Please sign and return your copy of the ticket(s) to ensure proper credit.
Paying in person: Please bring the copy of your ticket(s) along with payment in full to Montevallo City Hall.
Forms of payment accepted
- Certified cashier's check
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Money order